08 June 2014

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie

I saw this recipe for a Chocolate and Peanut Butter smoothie on two other blogs -- 4 Sons 'R' Us and Sallys Baking Addiction -- and had to try it for myself.  I believe the former got it from the latter.

While I will never shy away from the chocolate and peanut butter combination -- good for me or not -- this is thankfully one of those rare, good for me occasions. This smoothie packs a protein punch, and is sweetened with a banana and honey. I'm thinking it would be great for breakfast on the go.

The way I prepared it resulted in 20 grams of protein power.  If you use Greek yogurt instead of regular, bump that number even higher.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie

Adapted from Sally's Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie here.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie

Get ready for lots of protein ahead!

Ingredients

  • 1 large banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
  • 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 6 oz vanilla yogurt (use Greek for even more protein)
  • 3/4 cup whole milk (or your preference)
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Instructions

  • Add all ingredients to your blender, in the order given. Blend until smooth and creamy. It will be a little thick, but not so much as to require a spoon.

Yield: 1 tall glass, filled to the rim


Shared at Heritage Homesteaders Hop, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Simple Life Sunday, and some of these fine hops.


2 comments:

  1. I love Peanut Butter and Chocolate Shakes, yours looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful combination. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...