While I will never shy away from the chocolate and peanut butter combination -- good for me or not -- this is thankfully one of those rare, good for me occasions. This smoothie packs a protein punch, and is sweetened with a banana and honey. I'm thinking it would be great for breakfast on the go.
The way I prepared it resulted in 20 grams of protein power. If you use Greek yogurt instead of regular, bump that number even higher.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
Get ready for lots of protein ahead!
- 1 large banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt (use Greek for even more protein)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (or your preference)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Add all ingredients to your blender, in the order given. Blend until smooth and creamy. It will be a little thick, but not so much as to require a spoon.
Yield: 1 tall glass, filled to the rim
Shared at Heritage Homesteaders Hop, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Simple Life Sunday, and some of these fine hops.