The first lesson I learned with my new donut pan, is be careful not to overfill. My first attempt could have passed for mini bundt cakes. ;-)
My second batch was much more donut-like:
I was so anxious to try them, I didn't wait for them to cool to add glaze. I just slapped some homemade cream cheese icing I had in the fridge on one and took a bite!
I did eventually get to the glaze, though, and that made them even better. Just feast your eyes on these blueberry beauties:
If you've stuck with me this far (thank-you!), I'll bet you'd like the recipe. Give these a go, and let me know what you think.
Blueberry Banana Cake Donuts
Adapted from Deborah's Blueberry Cherry Baked Donuts at Taste & Tell blog.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 mashed ripe banana (the riper, the better)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, vegetable oil, and banana. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill donut pan about 2/3 full. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes. Use the toothpick test to be sure they're done. Turn out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 3 - 4 tbsp milk for glaze. Top donuts when cool and return to wire rack to dry.
Shared at Simple Life Sunday, The Heritage Homesteaders Hop, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, Simply Natural Saturdays, Happiness is Homemade Link Party, Tasty Tuesday, and Teach Me Tuesday.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a very small commission if you click the link and buy something. This helps support my blogging activities, and the price you pay will be no different than if you arrived at the same destination through any other link. My opinions are my own, to be sure. If I link to a product and say I like it -- I truly like it! :-) Thanks for reading and following Stephlin's Mountain.