04 March 2017

Book Review: Habit Changers

Habit Changers: 81 Game-Changing Mantras to Mindfully Realize Your Goals by M. J. Ryan speaks to a seemingly simple way to change that voice in our heads that lies to us about our capabilities. The author provides simple statements to counteract the notions we've been telling ourselves for years.

Do you often blame others for anything and everything that happens to you? When that begins to happen, and you notice the thoughts forming, make a conscious decision to stop that thought. Instead, meditate on "My response is my responsibility." Always comparing yourself to others? Meditate on "Walk your own path." Think you have no time to do all that needs to be done? Meditate on "I have all the time I need."

It sounds overly simplistic, I know. I thought that as well. The work comes in making a conscious decision to change a thought. It's really not that easy for many (most?) of us. Though with the help of this book and the mantras included, it is very doable.

More about Habit Changers from the publisher.
More about the author M. J. Ryan.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  The words and opinions here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...