07 March 2016

On Chapters and Seasons

A new chapter has begun.  Two months and four days later than planned, we are (finally!) in the mountains.  We got things set up yesterday.  A move I thought would take 5-6 hours ended up taking nearly 12.  And that doesn't count unpacking.  But I guess that just follows true to our recent "luck."

It's also kind of funny I used the word "planned" in the first sentence of this post.  I dare say almost nothing we planned went according to said plan.  After two years of strategizing and working toward our goal, of which this is only step one by the way, we are in a radically different position from where we thought we would be.

The time of our move is different from first planned (not our choice).

The town we live in is different from first planned (our choice).

The actual home in which we live is different from first planned (our choice).

The "making a living" plan is different from the original (our choice).

The lot on which we are staying is different from first planned (not our choice).

Everything on my "preparation" list was not completed (some our choice, some not).

The number of months worth of living expenses in the bank is different from planned (our choice or not?).

And I could go on.  And on.

Which brings me to Ecclesiastes 3, verses 1 and 6 ~

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

…A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away"


Yes, we have free will.  But (especially) for those that choose to follow Him, God is in control.  Faith is necessary to believe his timing is perfect.  [I will readily admit I am still dumbfounded at the obstacles that came our way.]

Nonetheless, I am also led to Romans 8, verse 28 ~

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."


I must (must!) believe all things leading up to this moment have worked together for my good.  Because The Word says so.  And since we are trying to follow the will of God, the choices we made were done so with an intentional, prayerful heart.

If you read my previous post, you might remember I stated my feelings of being in the middle of a battle between good and evil.  Just because we have arrived at this point on our journey to an ultimate goal, I don't for one second think the battle is over.  Just this very day – only our first full day in a new home – a couple of things happened in the family to confirm it for me.

This will not, however, cause me to lose sight of what we have and are working toward.  To that end, this blog is no longer about "living the mountain homestead dream…in just a hilly city apartment." It is now, officially, the diary of a (mountain) homesteading newbie!

Woo Hoo! Bring it on, and let it begin!

Shared at Faith Filled Friday and The Homemaking Party.

From my mountaintop to yours,

4 comments:

  1. I lost my comment, any way I lived in Dalton for 10 years and loved it, loved Chattanooga, all for bike riding. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your new home. I am in a place now that I never dreamed I would be. Planning went out of the window a long time ago with me. I planned the best I could; but ultimately, God decided and it was done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...