08 June 2015

From That to This

Where do I begin? Well, how about with this: two weeks to the day after my Faith is the Substance of Things Hoped For post, our new (to us) rv was delivered. In less than a year, and less than three months into our "full-timer" life, we went from that -


...to this !



I must say:  God. Is. Good. Great!  We now have separate spaces! We have a kitchen space, a living space, a dining space, a shower and toilet space, and a sleeping space.  It's awesome! We have vented heating and air conditioning.  And we have the ability to be as self-contained as we want.  And we have an awning! Need I say more? :-)

We looked into tiny houses months ago.  And while this is not exactly the same thing, we see this as our very own tiny home. Some years from now, we hope to make another step into an ever. so. slightly. (slightly!) larger model -- but this is "it" for us. This is how we are meant to homestead. The goal is still to have a small piece of land where there is more room for gardening and small animal raising. That will surely come in God's good timing. [Pray boldly, people!]

As far as living arrangements are concerned, we are ready. And though the move is still some months away... Mountains, here we come!


Shared at Homemade Mondays.

5 comments:

  1. This is exciting! You must be doing better than me purging your flotsam and jetsam, we wouldn't fit in there. Thanks for posting. Hello from Mostly Homemade Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is exciting, Melissa! As for purging, I'm going through a storage building as we type. I'll admit running into frustrating decisions, but once they are made I move on. Haven't regretted any donation or trash run, yet! :-) Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can get cold in those mountains, I almost froze one year double tracking through the Canadians Rockies, I like hanging around the warm beaches these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have electric space heaters and a gas furnace. Nothing wrong with the warm beaches. They have a beauty all their own.

      Delete
  4. And I am Stan Gunter, not unknown, the city engineer for Dalton who I messed around with, retired and his wife and he had a place in Elijay. One of the guys, I bike with has a place close to black Rock mountain which I really like. I really liked Athens when I was going to UGA. Still lots of cheap places around Dalton AND Chatsworth.
    Again, enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...