20 September 2014

No-Bake Cheesecake Bites with a Raspberry Drizzle, Part I

So I bought a couple packs of raspberries the other day. And ya know what? They. Were. Awful.

OK. That might be a little harsh -- but just a little. These "razzie" berries were so-o tart.

I know. I know. The hallmark of a raspberry is it's sweetened sourness, but these were over the top on the sour side. There was no way on God's beautiful, bountiful earth that these would be eaten by the handful. I was afraid they would not be eaten at all, but instead be a total waste.

Then I thought to myself, "No!" I'm not gonna let these berries go out like that. (Really. That happened. -- Please don't judge.)

So I started scouring the 'net for a new snazzy-razzy recipe to try, and found Dana's no bake raspberry cheesecake bites. I was concerned my berries would actually bring down the flavor though, so I opted for something I could control a bit better -- (no bake) cheesecake bites with a raspberry sauce! I figured I could take charge of the berries better in a sauce.

Today we'll tackle the no bake cheesecake bites. In my next post, I'll share the recipe for the easy raspberry sauce.

Sweetened cream cheese.
You'll need:
· 2 (8 oz.) pkgs cream cheese, softened
· 2 cups cool whip (or generic equivalent)
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 1 sleeve graham crackers

First, put the softened cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Whip with a hand mixer until incorporated and a little fluffy. Fold in the cool whip by hand until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap (or with whatever you want, or not at all!) and place in freezer for 1 - 2 hours. I was impatient, as usual, and began to form the bites after an hour.



Next, put your graham crackers in a food processor. Grind and chop to make some crumbs. I had a box of "graham sticks", so just eyeballed what I thought would be enough.


When you're ready, set up an assembly station: the bowl of sweetened cream cheese, a bowl of graham cracker crumbs, and a sheet pan lined with wax paper. Put a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into graham crumbs, cover completely and loosely form the bite into a ball. It might will likely get a bit messy. If the cream cheese mixture becomes too loose for you to handle, just pop it back in the freezer. Once you get each tablespoon into the graham crumbs, it's really pretty easy to form.

Someone tried to sneak a taste -- busted by the camera!

Freeze your bites for a couple hours more. (Once again, my impatience only allowed for one hour freeze time!) You can then put the no bake cheesecake bites into a freezer bag or other container. Pull out desired number of bites and let thaw for a bit (5 minutes?) and enjoy! Here's the finished product (with the sauce). Be sure to follow Stephlin's Mountain so as not to miss the raspberry sauce recipe! Here I am on Feedly, and you can find an email subscription form as well as a snapshot of my Pinterest board in the blog sidebar.


Shared at Happiness is Homemade and some of these fine hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...