15 July 2014

Easiest Dirty Rice Recipe I Could Find

As I mentioned yesterday, I enjoy inhaling eating dirty rice. A former Zatarains addict, I have been on the lookout for a comparably easy and better-for-me (no chemicals added) alternative. I found it in Alecia's Easy Dirty Rice recipe at Detours in Life.

Ground chuck, onions, green pepper, garlic, and parsley.

Add your homemade cajun spice. How "ragin" did you make it?

Finish with the cooked rice...

...top with sour cream, your cheese of choice, and dig in!

Easiest Dirty Rice Recipe I Could Find

Adapted from Alecia's Easy Dirty Rice recipe at Detours in Life.

Ingredients

  • 2 - 3 cups cooked rice
  • 1 lb. ground chuck
  • 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp cajun spice (make your own!)
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp dried parsley

Instructions

  1. In large skillet over medium heat, brown meat with onions, peppers, garlic, and parsley. Drain, if necessary.
  2. Stir in cajun spice.
  3. Stir in cooked rice and continue cooking over medium heat for a couple of minutes.

Yield: 4 servings


Shared at Tasty Tuesdays, Treasure Box Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Making a Home, Teach Me Tuesday, Tuesdays With a Twist, and some of these other fine hops.

6 comments:

  1. So, what does "dirty rice" mean? Is that just rice with hamburger? I hear it all the time and really don't know. Off to google now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you find it, Elizabeth? Traditionally, it's chicken liver. For me, it's always been (and will be) good ol' hamburger!

      Delete
  2. Man I have been searching for a way to use up leftover rice. Will try this next time. Thank you for linking up to Creative K Kid's Tasty Tuesdays. I have pinned your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I love this, and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Treasure Box Tuesday! Pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummo! Pinned. We really appreciate you taking the time to be a part of our party. Please join us tonight at 7 pm. It is a pleasure to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday linky party last week. We hope to see you again this week. http://3glol.net/2014/07/21/teach-tuesday-13/

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...