05 June 2014

My Favorite Time of Day

I like to camp. Most preferably in the mountains. And the absolute most favorite-est part of the day to me is waking up to the birds chirping (loudly!) and the sunrise shining so bright the rays penetrate the tent.

Once we rouse, B promptly starts the coffee and begins to prepare breakfast on the old Coleman stove given to us by my grandfather. Breakfast burritos are a staple camping breakfast for us. Eggs and sausage, for sure. Sometimes a bit of diced potato. Topped with cheese (lots for me, please!) and any other condiments you'd like. Salsa? Sour cream? We always have those two on hand in the cooler.

Morning mist on the water in the mountains of north Georgia.

Sun shining through the trees at Red Top Mountain.

Believe it or not I used to be a night owl. Work changed all that. Over the past ten years, my average get-to-work time has been 2 AM. Though I know for sure that is an unnatural time to go to work, my favorite time of day "naturally" shifted to morning. And that also applies when I'm not in the mountains.

Even on my off-days I'm up before the sun, and that's my favorite time to walk Bear. Listening to the birds. You might be surprised how many are up that early!

As soon as the sun starts to lighten things up, up goes the window in my home office. That way I can continue to hear the birds and feel the morning breeze. The view from my desk isn't half bad, for an apartment complex in the city.


And if I lean over just a bit, I can see the sun come up before I leave my desk to marvel at the beauty of dew in my garden.


What's your favorite time of day?

Shared at The HomeAcre Hop, Thriving Thursday, All Things Thursday, Four Seasons Blog Hop, and some of these fine hops.

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are pretty! I like to see the outdoors, but I don't like to camp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristie! I have stipulations when it comes to camping. I only do it between September & April here in the South. I will not camp when it's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being living in a city lives for long, I yearned for some outdoor adventure. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with 4 seasons blog hop. Cheers and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos, Stephanie. I too have changed from night owl as a teenager to loving daybreak and hearing the birds sing. Thank you for sharing this at the HomeAcre Hop; I hope you'll join us again this Thursday.
    Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...