13 May 2014

A Devotional on Simplicity

Ada-Hi Falls
Black Rock Mountain, Georgia
I really like the YouVersion Bible app. Since it's on all my mobile devices, I can uber-easily carry the Bible wherever I go. I also like that I can subscribe to several daily devotionals, kept all in one place.

Though I think all daily devotionals are meant to immediately, directly apply to life, some hit home harder than others. All in His good timing, I suppose. This one from the Life Application Study Bible year-long daily devotional did that for me:
Worldly worries, the false sense of security brought on by prosperity, and the desire for things plagued first-century disciples as they do us today. How easy it is for our daily routines to become overcrowded. A life packed with materialistic pursuits deafens us to God's Word. Stay free so you can hear God when he speaks.
And the applicable scripture:
but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. -- Mark 4:19 (NLT)

Any good quotes or faith-based readings hit home with you lately?

Shared at Making a Home and Growing Homemakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...